Plastic-Japan-Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plastic-Japan-Forum

anything and EVERYTHING Gundam! - a free forum from Plastic-Japan.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Worst Gunpla Accident

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Red Nova

Red Nova

Worst Gunpla Accident  Empty
PostSubject: Worst Gunpla Accident    Worst Gunpla Accident  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 10:23 pm

Well, just now I broke the V fin on one of the Gundams I'm working on, simple matter that I fixed using Cement, there was another issue. Can any of you recall some really, really horrific and heart breaking experiences you've had with your gunpla?
Back to top Go down
http://rednovablog.blogspot.com/
Fenrirbane

Fenrirbane

PostSubject: Re: Worst Gunpla Accident    Worst Gunpla Accident  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 8:45 pm

my worst experience with my gunpla was when i was moving the hips of my MG Red Frame Astray Gundam Revised, the whole right hip ball joint shattered in different pieces when i didnt put much stress into it. the kit is sitting in my tool box, waiting to become a future product of a diorama. there isnt anyway to get a replacement parts unless i know someone who lives in japan to order the parts for me.

Back to top Go down
Kingtriforcer

PostSubject: Re: Worst Gunpla Accident    Worst Gunpla Accident  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 9:17 pm

I've had a few things happen. The one that's most annoying is when I cut of the face mask for my 1/144 HG Exia R2 it flew away. I looked all over for it and disassembled my room in a desperate search to find it but I had no luck. A few other things like missing parts from my old Wing 0 and Epyon. !/100 non grade Red frame's left arm connector completely breaking off. Custom coloured no grade Zaku's leg joint broke off in the leg itself. No grade Strike Freedom ankle connectors broke by taking the feet off. HG Strike Freedom's right wing peg broke. Minor breaks on my HG 00 Trans AM Riser and other issues with other kits.
Back to top Go down
Robticon

Robticon

PostSubject: Re: Worst Gunpla Accident    Worst Gunpla Accident  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 11:39 am

Comparatively, my worst Gunpla accident ain't that bad. While I was building the thigh portion of my Real Grade Gundam, one of the thigh panels just snapped in half, and then, in the struggle to remove it from my Gundam's leg, I accidentally disabled the panel shifting gimmick on his upper leg there. (The clip joint wore out...) Then I got so frustrated I just glued all that stuff together. Kind of wish I hadn't...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst Gunpla Accident    Worst Gunpla Accident  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 10:34 am

I've had two bad ones with master grades. First was Master Grade Strike Freedom. I hated both the yellow gold plastic and the plated gold versions, so I bought the normal one and painted the parts. like an idiot i did this while all the parts were on the tree. when I assembled it all the parts were super tight. However, I didn't run into a problem until i assembled a hip joint, which basically tore apart. Long story short, the Strike Freedom got a fixed pose with that leg.

The second one was worse. After painting nd decaling the Sinanju (master grade) I top coated it while it was in its various parts. Putting it back together some of the joints had stiffened up. When I went to connect the last part, the top to the waist, it snapped. to have put all that work into it, only to break doing the last bit almost destroyed me. however, some plastic cement later and my master grade sinanju l;ooks fine... just doesnt do the twist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst Gunpla Accident    Worst Gunpla Accident  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst Gunpla Accident
Page 1 of 1